Q. Who qualifies for this weekly testing?
A. All Oregon School teachers and staff qualify for free weekly testing provided by WVT and OHA.
Q. Who should I contact if I have any questions?
A. You can reach someone at the lab 9:00am-5:00pm M-F at 541-368-3050, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Q. What is the WVT Laboratory Weekly Covid Testing for Schools Initiative?
A. WVT has partnered with OHA to provide weekly at-home testing to Teachers and Staff throughout Oregon.
Q. How do I sign up for weekly testing?
A. If you are a teacher or staff member at any school in Oregon, use the following link: Opt-In
Q. How do I opt-out of weekly testing?
A. If you ever wish to opt-out of this free service, please use the following link: Opt-Out
Q. When will I receive my testing kit?
A. Once you sign up, you will be placed onto a list to receive a testing kit every week. We will attempt to fill all orders every Monday
Q. How is the test covered?
A. The cost will be covered by the OHA.
Q. How do I get my results?
A. Digital collection and reporting is provided by LabDash. Once you log into your account, scroll down and click on the ‘Samples’ header. This will open up all of your past samples, allowing you to scroll down and view details and results for each one.
Q. How can I tell if I got my results?
A. When results are uploaded to your account, you will receive an email informing you to log in. Once in your LabDash account, your sample should have a result attached to it. You can also click on the ‘Report’ button to view and download a PDF version of the report.
Q. How do I return my sample?
A. After collecting your sample, place the swab into the tube, making sure to break the swab at its breakpoint. Take the tube and put it into the larger pouch of the biohazard bag, making sure to seal the top of the bag. Remove the Laboratory Pak and Return Label from the box before placing the biohazard bag with your sample in it into the box and sealing it. Place the entire box inside of the Laboratory Pak and seal it, following the instructions on the side of the bag. Once sealed, place the Return Label on the outside of the Laboratory Pak and take it to the nearest UPS store to send out.
Q. Does my sample need to be placed into the biohazard bag?
A. Your sample needs to be placed into the test tube, which is then placed into the biohazard bag and sealed. The bag is placed inside the box and the box is then taped shut and placed into the Laboratory Pak.
Q. Does my sample need to be placed into the box in order to ship it back?
A. Your sample needs to be placed into the test tube, which is then placed into the biohazard bag and sealed. The bag is placed inside the box and the box is then taped shut and placed into the Laboratory Pak and sealed shut.
Q. Can I track my package?
A. We will provide a tracking number for your package as soon as it is shipped.
Q. What is the shipping/how fast?
A. Your test kit should arrive within 48 hours of being shipped. The return shipping should be overnight and arrive at the lab the following morning.
Q. What is the turnaround time?
A. Your results will be available within 36 hours after receipt at the lab.
Q. What type of swabs are used?
A. We provide Anterior Nares swabs, which allow samples to be self-collected.
Q. What test is this?
A. WVT uses the Thermo Fisher TaqPath™ Assay for our covid testing. This is a RT-PCR (real-time PCR)/NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test) test that is considered the ‘gold-standard’ in Covid testing.
Q. How accurate is the test?
A. From the Thermo Fisher website:
- Targeted specificity to 100% of currently available complete genomes for SARS-CoV-2
- Covid-19 FAQ (pdf)
Q. What does my result mean?
A. Here are some resources to help explain details about the test and your results:
Q. How do I collect my sample in LabDash?
A. After logging into your LabDash account, click on ‘Collect Sample’ in the top left of the screen.
- Then choose either yourself or a dependent and click ‘Collect’.
- Once the green checkmark appears, press the ‘Next’ button at the bottom.
- Either scan the barcode on your tube with your camera, or enter it by pressing ‘Enter Sample Barcode’ and clicking ‘Verify’ and ‘Next’ once you are done.
- Then proceed to fill out the following form with your information, making sure to select ‘Insurance’ under how the test will be covered.
- If you do not have insurance, select ‘Self Pay’ and the OHA will cover your test for you. (Note: we will not bill individuals for any testing provided or sponsored by the OHA)
- Once the information is verified, you will be brought to a summary screen to double check the entered information.
- If everything looks good, click ‘Submit Collection’ to finalize the collection process.
- Be sure to write your first and last name as well as date of birth onto the tube. Please avoid writing on the barcode itself.
Q. How do I physically collect my sample?
A. Please follow the instructions provided by the CDC.